S.C. Norfolk is a volunteer organization operated by Board of Directors. Volunteers typically are parents of children in the soccer program, but this does not have to be the case – any parent with an interest in promoting the sport of soccer within Norfolk, MA may participate.
Board meetings are held monthly and meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 7:45pm.
If you have a specific topic you would like added to the agenda of a board meeting or you are interested in becoming a board member, please contact a current board member. For contact information, please return to the home page and click on 'Contacts' on the toolbar. or click here: Board of Director Contact Information
Board of Directors Code of Conduct
The Board of SC Norfolk has approved the following Code of Conduct:
Board members will:
- Conduct themselves at all times in a mature, respectful, and sportsmanlike manner.
- Operate our club in a manner that benefits all the players and our community.
- Conduct club business according to accepted best practices, principles, and ethics that would normally apply in the commercial world.
- Act as representatives of the club, and ambassadors to the sport of soccer, in all our interactions
- Be supportive of Board decisions outside of Board meetings, even if they dissented during the vote.
- Keep all Board business confidential where the release of this information may be harmful or detrimental to any person, group of people, or the club.
- Not use their position on the Board to influence or otherwise intimidate other Board members.
- Not take or use club information, player personal information, mailing lists, or other club artifacts after leaving the club
- Protect the privacy of players and their families by not disseminating personally identifiable information outside of the Board.
- Protect the privacy of players and their families by using contact information only for Board authorized club business
- Be fair to all club members and not favor any individual(s) where it will be detrimental to other individual(s) in the club.
- Only use information made available to them for its stated or intended purpose, and only disseminate this information on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- Respect and adhere to requests for confidentiality when submitted to them individually or as a Board.