The Board of SC Norfolk has approved the following Code of Conduct:
- Conduct themselves at all times in a mature, respectful, and sportsmanlike manner.
- Not force their child against their will to enter our soccer program.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to the BAYS Zero Tolerance Policy
- Manage the expectations of their child from season to season. Team placement may vary from season to season, and players may be offered the opportunity to play in different age groups, or different levels within an age group. This opportunity may not be available in subsequent seasons, so players must be prepared for this.
- Provide positive support for all players, coaches, officials, and spectators at every game and practice.
- Not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- Never criticize, demonstrate exasperation, ridicule, or yell at their child or other player for making a mistake, losing a game, or losing a tournament/competition.
- Advise the coach in advance if their child cannot attend a practice session or game
- Ensure their child is adequately prepared and properly attired for practices and games. This includes ensuring a properly inflated ball used for practice sessions.
- Not enter their child into concurrent sports or other activities that their child cannot adequately participate in our soccer program(s).
- Make every reasonable attempt to have their child at scheduled or rescheduled games, even if it causes personal/family inconvenience.
- Foster the team spirit in their child. Reinforce that their child is a valuable member of the team, and their lack of contribution/attendance affects the whole team.
- Highlight any issues or concerns in a timely manner to the team coach or a Board member of S.C. Norfolk. If confidentiality is required, contact the President or any other Board member they are comfortable with, and indicate the preference for confidentiality.